How Do We Get Started on These Programs?
Youth members must obtain the specific booklet for their religion.
- Check with your council store or contact the religious organization directly.
- Each youth member needs his or her own booklet to document progress.
- Some religions offer adult manuals for counselors and mentors.
Parents must review the program guidelines.
- Some programs require participants to be official “members” of the religious institution.
- Age/grade requirements vary from program to program.
- Each program sets its own guidelines as to who may serve as counselor. Some programs require clergy to serve as counselors; other programs allow parents or other family members to serve as counselors.
Families should talk to their religious leaders and show them the booklet before beginning any program.
- Most programs require that they be completed under the auspices of that religious organization.
- Many programs require the signature of the local religious leader.
The youth member needs to complete the requirements, obtain the proper signatures, and follow the instructions to order the emblem.
- These emblems are not available from your local council store (follow the instructions in your booklet).
- The emblem should be presented in a meaningful ceremony, preferably in the member’s religious institution.